Beatrix Potter was a pioneer of conservation. She loved life in the Lake District and became a prominent member of the farming community. Over the years she bought a large amount of local land, which she later left to the National Trust. Here at the Attraction, we’re working hard to minimise our impact on the environment.
What are we doing?
- We run two electric vans.
- Our gardens are peat-free & organic.
- Our incoming packaging is reused in our e-commerce department.
- 70% of our lightbulbs are LED & we convert sun to energy on our roof.
- 15p per admission ticket goes to environmental charities to help combat Climate Change.
- We’re reducing plastic & recycling all we can.
- We support WWF by adopting vulnerable animals across the world.
- We support WaterAid to help provide sanitation and hygiene to communities worldwide who need it.
- We support Cumbria Wildlife Trust in their efforts to protect the Lake District habitat.
- We also give donations to Derian House Children’s Hospice & Mamillan Cancer Support through free entry Attraction days and staff cake bakes!