Your guide for the day
Hello egg hunters!
We are super excited about the big day and hope that you have a brilliant time exploring the Lakes. This is the 10th year the Egg Hunt has been running and we have taken on board your feedback from previous years and have made a few changes to the way we run things this year.
For 2018 we have based the treasure trail around some of Cumbria’s most beautiful walks. Once you have registered on our Just Giving page, you will receive an email witha link to the treasure trail map and all the locations will go live at 10am on Wednesday 4 April. When you can see the egg locations simply choose where you would like to go and hunt. As eggs are found, people will let us know which numbers and their location and we take them off our interactive map. You will need to refresh your map regularly to see what eggs are left to find.
The event lasts as long as it takes for all the eggs to be claimed. Normally this is by 3 or 4pm on the day!
If any problems occur whilst trying to access your map at 10am that morning then please refresh the page and wait a moment, if you are still struggling to open it, email: [email protected] / [email protected] / [email protected] or call our egg hunt hotline on 015394 40873 or 07392 603424 for assistance.
There are just a few rules to follow to help make your day safe and enjoyable.
We have tried to ensure that there is parking very near the starting point of each walk or open space where the egg may be. This could be a free or pay and display car park.
We cannot take responsibility for weather conditions and mobile phone signals whilst you are out looking as after all we are exploring in the Lake District.
- Once you have found an egg please call/text us ASAP using our egg hunt hotline numbers 015394 40873 / 07392 603424. So we are then able to update the online map to help other explorers. The egg is then yours to keep.
- Every egg has an Egg number and a unique code. You will need both of these when calling or texting to find out what prize you have won.
- The egg markers on the map are not exact or precise. They are designed as a guideline for the area of the egg location and the clue will help your search. The eggs will be placed in safe places or on nearby footpaths.
- The clues for the eggs are sometimes literal and sometimes cryptic, there may even be the odd anagram in there too!
- A family may only win one of the overnight stay prizes which must be claimed by an adult. All prizes are subject to availability, non-transferable terms and expiry date and other conditions apply. Prizes need to be collected from The World of Beatrix Potter Attraction as soon as possible and within 12 months of this year’s egg hunt.
- People participating in the egg hunt do so at their own risk. The World of Beatrix Potter Attraction will not be held responsible for any injury or damage to personal property resulting from participation in this event.
- Finally, we hope you have a fun packed day and if you have any questions or queries please email: [email protected] / [email protected] or [email protected]
Please feel free to send in some pictures of you looking for eggs for us to share. Good luck!